Are you ready for a summer filled with purpose? Tired of having a boring
summer? Well then the P.E.M.S 30 day challenge is for you! I’d
like to give credit to Susie Magazine for inspiring me to put this
together and to giving the ideas for some of the activities! Thanks
so much Susie Magazine!
Interested? Here’s what to do.
1. If you’re going to be entering the 30 day challenge, please like this
post. Another post will go out and if you have completed the challenge
you will like that post.
2. Following the directions below:
Physical- Choose any of the following to do for 5 days a week for the next 30 days
Brisk Hike or trail walk for 40 minutes, Brisk mall walk 30 minutes four times in the next thirty days, or Brisk block walk 30 minutes( in your neighborhood or city).
Choose any of the following to do for 5 days this week
*Jog 20 minutes a day,
*Jump rope for 20 minutes,
*Swim for 20 minutes,
*Bicycle for 30 minutes,
*Jump on a trampoline for 40 minutes
- Create an indoor workout routine that involves 30-40 minutes of cardio activity to do in case in rains.
Complete the following:
Lift 10-15 pounds 25 reps three times a week
Avoid all caffeinated drinks for five days out of every week for 30
Drink 6 8 oz cups of water every day( Tea, coffee, mio flavered, or juice flavered- put a few drops of juice into a glass of water-all count.)
eat one fruit and one veggie a day( a tomato is a fruit btw)
–Create a blog- if you don’t have one already- and blog 2+ times a week about 30 day experience, what your learning in your walk, etc.
Do an extra chore 3 times a week
Call someone you haven’t talked to in awhile one time in the next 30 days.
Get up at sunrise pray and do devotions two times in the next 30 days
Send a friend or family member a letter via snail mail
Treat yourself to something you love to do but rarely have time for.
Along with the above, choose one of the following:
Prepare a meal for your housemates 4 times in the next 30 days
Write 4 letters to a pastor or missionary.
Choose three of the following to read or listen to:
Case for Christ- Lee Strobel
Crazy Love- Francis Chan
Spiritual Leadership J. Oswald Sanders
This Present Darkness- Frank Peretti
Ishban Conspiracy- Randy Alcorn
Pilgrim’s Progress- John Bunyan
Transforming Grace- Jerry Bridges
Knowing God by J.I Packer
Guys are Waffles Girls are Spaghetti
Umcomprising- A heart Claimed by a Radical Love
Choose two of the following
- Go a week without tv
- Go a week without computer
- Listen to only Christian music for a week
- Go a week without social media Have a family-or housemates- game night old fashioned style. ( Scrabble, Apples to Apples, Clue, Life, etc.)
Memorize the following scriptures: Isaiah 26:4, Deuteronomy 6:5, Micah 6:8, Psalm 46:1-3, Galations 6:14, James 1:19-20, 1 John 5:14, and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Read a Proverb a day and two on day 30
Prayer journal every day
Start 30 Ways in 30 Days Bible reading plan on youversion
Along with the above,choose one:
Live out your faith by volunteering to help someone in need
Share your faith
Treat someone to ice cream or another treat.
Tithe 10 percent of your income( or talent if you don’t make an income)
Give something away that is in good shape but you no longer have need for.
Memorize Mathew 6:19-21
Tithe your talent three times in the next 30 days
Along with the above choose one:
Host a car wash or other event to raise money for a cause of your choose. ( This can be done with other people participating in the challenge).
Join an event already available to raise money for a cause.
- Who do I say the memorize scripture to? Your parents, your spouse, your housemate, a sibling, or if you’re more of a solitary person record yourself saying it.
- Can I start this now and finish it in August? No, you can start it whenever you want but it has to be for a consecutive 30 days.
- Do I get anything for completing this challenge? You get the benefits of starting healthy habits that can be kept long after this challenge is done. Your name will also be put on a blog post of people who completed the challenge.
- Does chocolate count as caffeine? There has been much debate on this, however in this challenge, no it does not.