It’s Holy week, which starts at Palm Sunday, leading up to Resurrection Sunday.
It’s a week to remember what Jesus has done for us, by dying on the cross
He freed gave us the ability to have access to saving Grace. If you read in
the Old Testament about the things required for purification of sin
before Jesus died you’ll be amazed at the amount of things
that people had to do for different sins. One of the things
was sacrificing a lamb without blemish. Jesus acted as
our lamb. He did not sin yet died a sinner’s death,
carrying the weight of your sins and mine. Because
of this we have the opportunity to come into a
personal relationship with Him. All we have
to do is ask. Take time this week to:
- Reflect about what Jesus has done for us( and if you haven’t had a personal relationship with Jesus, use this time to come to know the Creator of the Universe. You can learn more by going to my page https://1alien.wordpress.com/how-to-be-saved/)
- Read the story of Jesus’ death and resurrection Mathew 26:14-Mathew 28:2.
- Journal your thoughts during this week. Write down questions you may have or something that God has revealed to you this week. You can also Prayer Journal which is an amazing experience.
- Watch a movie like the Passion or Gospel of John. It’s a whole different experience to see the familiar story take on a whole new meaning.
- Love others this week. Jesus commands the disciples in John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” Jesus has shown so much love to us by dying on the cross for our sins. We need to show that love to other people.
Hope you all have a great Easter and that you remember that it’s about what Jesus has done for us, not about the Easter bunny or good food.